MICROBIAL REPLICATION [TOPIC GUIDE]
Introduction to microbial replication
- Microbial replication is a core JC1 topic in H2 BIO A levels. This topic examines the process in which bacteria and viruses replicate and how they are different from each other and eukaryotes. The viruses that will be covered in detail includes T4 bacteriophages, lambda phage, HIV and Influenza virus. The latter 2 viruses infecting human cells and will be crucial for multiple future topics.
Useful study resources for microbial replication
Most common phrasing errors students commit during exams
- HIV virus
- The viral genome enters
- Bacteria cells divide by mitosis
- Don’t confuse between the lysogenic stage of lambda phage with the latent stage of HIV
Questions and other matters
- JOIN my classes so that you can have your questions answered. You will also be able to access TYS questions from different JCs in Singapore as well as my comments and recommended answers.
- You can also register for my H2 BIO crash courses to get ready for exams. Here’s the SCHEDULE.
- You may also be interested to know how to boost your performance for A levels.