CLIMATE CHANGE [TOPIC GUIDE]
Introduction to climate change
- This is an extension JC2 topic in H2 BIOLOGY in A levels. This is a new topic examined for the first time in 2017. It covers concepts in global warming including the causes and the various effects.
- The learning outcomes extends upon concepts such as photosynthesis, viruses and other infectious disease transmission, enzymes, as well as diversity and evolution.
A selection of materials for climate change
- OFFICIAL Dengue treatment, just in case some teachers push you to remember some investigational new drug
- Download diagrams (high resolution) – FREE!
- Purchase notes (including phrasing error corrections & review question solutions) for climate change
Most common phrasing errors students commit during exams
- Mosquitoes bite and transmit dengue virus
- All Dengue viruses cause haemorrhagic fevers
- Due to global warming all the plants will shift altitudinally upwards to adapt to a colder climate.
- Habitat ≠ niche
- Biodiversity don’t just refer to genetic variation, it also include species and habitat variation
BYang’s tough questions bank
- Some biotech companies are starting to genetically modify trees proposing it as a solution to climate change. One such example is that of the company known as Living Carbon which seeks to increase the grow rate of trees such that they can offset the anthropological carbon dioxide emissions. Suggest what is a potential concern with such an advancement. [1m. Created 220304]
- An ecosystem comprises inter-dependent organisms living and even non-living, one of which surprisingly are viruses. With reference to bacteriophages, suggest a niche that viruses may contribute to and explain why this is important. [3m. Created 210524]
- If you like to have the answer, pls head over to my YouTube channel, subscribe and leave a comment that you want the answers in any of the videos!
Questions and other matters
- JOIN my classes so that you can get answers to your questions. You will also be able to access TYS questions from different JCs in Singapore as well as my comments and answers.
- You can also register for my H2 BIO crash courses to get ready for exams. Here’s the SCHEDULE.
- You may also be interested to know how to boost your performance for A levels.